Our herbalist Jo George has carefully selected this blend of organic herbs/roots to give pleasant earthy, aromatic, spicy, smooth and uplifting drink naturally sweet drink with out any refined sugar ! A very popular blend.
Chai simply means “tea” in Hindi, and masala chai means “spiced tea”. Popular in India, where street vendors are kept busy serving thousands all day long, this 5,000+ year old drink originated as an Ayurvedic health tonic.
At Life Rituals we like our own chai in the traditional manner, combining it with whole milk (or nut milks/non dairy) and no sugar as the cinnamon and liquorice are naturally sweet. Making chai takes a few more minutes than steeping a regular cup of tea, but your efforts will be rewarded.
HOW TO MAKE LIFE RITUALS ORGANIC TURMERIC CHAI
Makes 2 cups
1. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
2. Add 4 teaspoons of Life Rituals Turmeric Chai Tea.
4. Boil uncovered for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Add 2 cups of whole milk (or milk substitute), and bring to a boil again.
6. Remove from heat immediately (before it boils over) and steep covered for 5 minutes.
7. Strain and enjoy it hot, or chill it in the fridge for a yummy iced chai.
- Cinnamon – is loaded with powerful antioxidants, such as polyphenols and is a potent anti inflammatory.
- Turmeric root (15%) – Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant.
- Ginger root – improves digestion and increases food absorption.
- Liquorice root – improves digestion, reduces pain and inflammation and relaxes.
- Orange peel – has many health benefits packed with flavonoids, vitamin A, C, B6 and B5, calcium, riboflavin, thiamine, niacin, folate and dietary fibre.
- Clove – may have several health benefits, including supporting liver health and helping stabilise blood sugar levels